We all know the telltale signs of stress: anxiety, fatigue and lack of sleep to start. But did you know that over time, chronic stress can lead to serious conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and depression? Use these six tips to get the upper hand on stress:
- Set priorities. It’s OK to say no and decide what must get done and what can go on the back burner.
- Exercise. Regular activity, whether it’s going for a 30-minute walk or something more ambitious, is a great way to relieve stress.
- Try relaxation techniques. These include meditation, deep breathing, biofeedback, massage, tai chi or yoga.
- Make time for yourself. Get involved in activities you enjoy, such as reading or gardening.
- Seek help from family, friends, community and religious groups. Keep in touch with those who can provide emotional and other types of support.
- Monitor your stress level. Be aware of your body’s reactions to stress, such as problems sleeping, getting angry easily, feelings of sadness or increasing the use of alcohol or other substances.
Book a massage or personal training session with us today, call (609) 561-5674 or go online at loriswellnessloft.com